How it works
Did you receive a difficult letter? Is it hard to follow? Use snapdebrief.nl (Dutch for “understanding the letter”)
Use your mobile phone to send a picture of your letter to get it explained.
This is how you send a letter
- Grab your mobile phone
- On the internet, go to snapdebrief.nl
- Follow the instructions:
- Take a picture of your letter
- Fill in the phone number on which you can be contacted
- Fill in your question (not required)
- Press “Send”
This is how you receive a reply
- Your letter is received by one of the helpers.
- The helper calls you, mostly within one working day, and helps you to understand the letter.
- Is your question too complicated? Then the helper will tell you where to go for further help.
Frequently asked questions
1. What kind of letters can I send?
Any letter you don’t understand. Which is different for each person. Examples:
- letters from the tax department (Belastingdienst)
- letters from a collection agency (aanmaningen, incasso’s)
- letters from the local council (Gemeente Amsterdam)
- letters about the rent (huur)
- letters about allowances (toeslagen)
- invoices (facturen)
- bills (rekeningen)
2. Why do I have to fill in a phone number?
After you have sent the letter with your phone, the helper will call you. Then you can explain what you don’t understand about the letter.
3. Who will help me with my letter?
Snap de Brief will forward your letter to affiliated organisations. At this moment these are:
Bewonersadviseurs Gemeente Amsterdam Zuidoost
BOOT Amsterdam Zuidoost
MaDi Amsterdam Zuidoost en Diemen
Your letter will be read by a professional who helps people with difficult letters.
4. Can I choose who will be helping me?
No. Snap de Brief will send your letter to a helper who is available at that moment.
5. How soon will I get a reply?
As soon as possible, mostly within one workday. Helpers are available from Monday to Friday.
You can send your letter on Saturday and Sunday, but in that case you will be called on Monday.
6. What languages are spoken by Snap de Brief?
Dutch and English.
7. Is my information safe?
Yes, any information you send is safe.
- We use a secure connection.
- Your information will be removed after 14 days.
- Your information will only be received by the helpers.
- Your information will not be forwarded to other organisations.
8. Who can send a letter to Snap de Brief?
At this moment, anyone living in Amsterdam Zuidoost.
9. Can I download Snap de Brief?
Snap de Brief is a website. You don’t have to download anything yourself. You can add snapdebrief.nl to your favorites or home screen as a shortcut.